ShareThis

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9: Rainbow Nails

Day 9: Rainbow Nails!!

I am so excited about these puppies! I tried a rainbow mani a week or so ago when I sat down and tried to swatch several days, but it did not turn out well at ALL. I'm MUCH happier with this one!


This was actually so simple to do! I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud. I dabbed each rainbow color onto a piece of paper and used a small paintbrush to draw lines about 3/4 up my nail. I did all of one color first so that my polish didn't get too dry while I was working.

Then I sponged a little more white over the top to obscure the tips of the lines a little bit. I used a white striper for the "rays of light" and a dotting tool for the stars. Finish with a coat of none other than China Glaze Fairy Dust and you're done!


Here are ALLLL the colors I used to make the rainbow gradient:



Sadly, stupid Seche shrunk this mani and it made me so sad. I tried to file down some of the shrinkage to make it less noticeable, and I think that helped... but SV, I am not pleased with you. Revlon is getting more attention now because you suck and ruin my hard work. >:[


So pleased with this one! I had hoped that would be the case -- I'm excited for this challenge because I will be doing things I don't normally do and expanding my horizons...yay!

22 comments:

  1. This is lovely :3 Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best rainbow I've seen floating around! Its almost like its moving or melting... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO freaking cute!! I will definitely have to give this a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT!? that's awesome. good job making rainbow nails not look dumb (sorry that's all in my head)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are my favorite rainbow nails ever.. I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing! Definitely one of my favourite rainbow mains I've seen! I'm getting annoyed with Seche too, it always shrinks the polish on my left thumb and only that nail, so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO gorgeous! I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freaking amazing!! I love this so much...such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this manicure! It is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. best rainbow nails I have seen, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all your kind words girls!

    @Leslie: I never thought about it looking like it's melting! You're right, it kind of does!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, you managed to make rainbow nails look grown-up :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That is a really original and awesome take on a rainbow mani!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I really love this a lot! I wanna try it right now! haha.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, this is my favorite one that you've done so far for the challenge. Love it! It reminds me of Rainbow Brite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look bad a$$! Love them !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I am in love with these!... Will have to try them sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely lovely!! Such a refreshing take on the rainbow nail!!! great job! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome! I might have to give it a go

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.