ShareThis

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7: Black and White Nails (Tuxedos!)


Today's theme is Black and White nails! I'm pretty proud of these puppies.

I wanted to do a black and white mani that wasn't your traditional pattern -- no checkerboards, zebra stripes, etc. So guess what I did? Yep. Googled "things that are black and white." I'm like a child. The options that immediately peaked my interest were penguins, yin yans, dominoes, bar codes, and tuxedos. I'd seen tuxedo nails before and thought they would be the cutest! Although... I don't know who originated this idea so if any of you do let me know! I want to give credit where credit is due.

I just used Pure Ice's Super Star for my base and created a V-french with a simple black Kiss striper. I made the bow ties with a dotting tool and teeny tiny paintbrush (couldn't get my lines as sharp as I wanted) and finally added on the buttons with a small dotting tool and black polish. Pretty simple!


I love these cute tuxedos. I left this on for three days! That's a long time for me. And I got SO many compliments on it from total strangers! That always makes me feel good :)

Have a lovely day everybody!

19 comments:

  1. love them! They looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cute. What a fantastic idea for a mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black and white nails!!! These are so incredible! I want to try the yin yang nails you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty! And cute too! I love how simple they are! :D
    I'm planning on doing some black/white triangles for this part of the challenge.. when I get there :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! I'm in love. They're done SO well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, so cute! I'm so inspired by your 31 day challenge that I may actually start it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! And they look very good too, so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way cute! Love that idea for a b&w mani ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all! I'm glad you like them!! :)

    @Fingers: Be my guest! I'd love to see what you come up with. I talked myself out of it because I didn't think I could get the squigglies straight enough!

    @whimsicalglam: You should! I love seeing what people come up with and it's a great way to better yourself I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Perfect for a wedding! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. so adorable! I agree with an earlier comment, great for a wedding! Also, how would you rate Pure Ice's white polish? I'm looking for an *affordable* white with good coverage! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @vanillakisses - I actually really like Pure Ice's white. It's the same price as Sinful's and Sinful's sucks IMO. Also Zoya Purity is a good white but it's 4x more expensive than PI.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! These turned out so great and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! Your mani came out very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so incredibly cute, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. no no! i don't think you copied me at all. i was not the first to do a tuxedo mani and you won't be the last! it's adorable and your take on it is fantastic <3

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.