ShareThis

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 24: Inspired by a movie

Hello ladies! For my inspired by a movie day I decided to do Wizard of Oz nails!


On my pointer finger, I have the wicked witch of the west. I know that this is technically an image from Wicked, but I still thought it was appropriate and I didn't know how else to draw an evil witch :) Base color for this is China Glaze Entourage.

My middle finger is the yellow brick road! The grass is made with a base coat of China Glaze Starboard and sponged with China Glaze Cha Cha Cha. The yellow is acrylic paint.

The ring finger is none other than Dorothy's dress! I realize in the movie her dress was actually checkered....but I'm a rebel and don't like to play by the rules. Base color is Sinful White on White and the blue stripes are acrylic paint.

Lastly, the pinky is Dorothy's slippers! Base color is Zoya Sooki with two coats of Sally Hansen Downtown Rubies -- the perfect Dorothy shoes color!



We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz!!

9 comments:

  1. First nails I was, the pinky and ring and I said "Ahh, Wizard of Oz!!". Love that movie, love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls :)

    @Angie: Have you ever seen Wicked? If not you should totally go if it's ever in town and you have the money. It was SO fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! EPIC YES! I love the Wizard of Oz! These are so fab! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Wizard of Oz is my absolute favorite movie. I LOVE this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what about the thumb?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with this idea.. I'm definitely doing my nails like this! Absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.