ShareThis

Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 18: Half Moons

Hello ladies!

At this point in the challenge, I am starting to feel a bit tired. Tired, uninspired....you name it. I sat down to do half moons with literally NO idea of where I wanted to go with the mani -- let me just tell you about my nightmare with half moons.

First, I wanted to do white moons with Zoya Phoebe. So I applied the white, put a coat of SV over and waited about half hours to use the reinforcement holes. Apparently it wasn't long enough because it pulled all the polish off. So, I removed it. Then I tried gold moons and attempted at freehanding the black over it. THAT didn't work either because they were so uneven (I obviously have a problem with patience). FINALLY, I was at my wit's end. I decided I'd just do a base color and wait until the next day to add the top color over the moons. And finally, success!

I started with two coats of Orly Star Spangled. Can you say LOVE?? I can! Love! It's no different than Ruby Pumps or Ruby Slippers...but I don't have either of those so I was like a kid on Christmas when I put this on. EEEE! Here's some pics of it alone. Because I'm sure you've NEVER seen a red glitter before. /sarcasm

Seriously though. Just enlarge that sucker!


I left it on overnight, and applied the reinforcement holes over top the next day. (I was so sad to cover up this beauty). I found that it is MUCH more hassle-free to wait until the polish has completely dried and cured before you put the reinforcements on. Just a little tip courtesy of your friendly nail neighbor ;)





Oh, the black is Ulta's Little Black Dress. Love!

I think this combo is so sexy and fierce. Makes me think of Dita von Teese a little. :) What do you guys think? Are you a fan of half moons?

13 comments:

  1. I love half moons, and I love yours with rad and black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you stick the reinforcement stickers to the palm of your hand a few times before putting it on your nail? I usually helps.. make it a bit less sticky so it won't pull off your polish :)

    This though, is a great look! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job with the black & red half moons. Very vampy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julie: Yeah, I did! I think maybe I just was in too big of a hurry to get it done when I tried it the first time.

    Thank you for your compliments ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this combo is sexy and feirce... sucks you had such a bad experience :( I think I have notice ppl that do this challenge get a lil burned out by this time.. keep up it :) you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was scrolling and readin and I was like oooo I want that red...then I got to the black and it was like oooo I really want that black, too. Love this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the black and red combo, with the same typ of glitter in it! Amazin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fierce indeed! It looks amazing. Love the shimmer on shimmer combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Polish Amor: Thank you for the lovely compliment! :)

    @Kis & Miss L & Jacqui: Thank you! Glad you like it :)

    @Sarah: Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually don't like half moons (just looks weird to me) but I really like this. I think the two polishes look great together! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love the colors you used. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.