ShareThis

Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 18: Half Moons

Hello ladies!

At this point in the challenge, I am starting to feel a bit tired. Tired, uninspired....you name it. I sat down to do half moons with literally NO idea of where I wanted to go with the mani -- let me just tell you about my nightmare with half moons.

First, I wanted to do white moons with Zoya Phoebe. So I applied the white, put a coat of SV over and waited about half hours to use the reinforcement holes. Apparently it wasn't long enough because it pulled all the polish off. So, I removed it. Then I tried gold moons and attempted at freehanding the black over it. THAT didn't work either because they were so uneven (I obviously have a problem with patience). FINALLY, I was at my wit's end. I decided I'd just do a base color and wait until the next day to add the top color over the moons. And finally, success!

I started with two coats of Orly Star Spangled. Can you say LOVE?? I can! Love! It's no different than Ruby Pumps or Ruby Slippers...but I don't have either of those so I was like a kid on Christmas when I put this on. EEEE! Here's some pics of it alone. Because I'm sure you've NEVER seen a red glitter before. /sarcasm

Seriously though. Just enlarge that sucker!


I left it on overnight, and applied the reinforcement holes over top the next day. (I was so sad to cover up this beauty). I found that it is MUCH more hassle-free to wait until the polish has completely dried and cured before you put the reinforcements on. Just a little tip courtesy of your friendly nail neighbor ;)





Oh, the black is Ulta's Little Black Dress. Love!

I think this combo is so sexy and fierce. Makes me think of Dita von Teese a little. :) What do you guys think? Are you a fan of half moons?

16 comments:

  1. I love half moons, and I love yours with rad and black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you stick the reinforcement stickers to the palm of your hand a few times before putting it on your nail? I usually helps.. make it a bit less sticky so it won't pull off your polish :)

    This though, is a great look! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job with the black & red half moons. Very vampy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julie: Yeah, I did! I think maybe I just was in too big of a hurry to get it done when I tried it the first time.

    Thank you for your compliments ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this combo is sexy and feirce... sucks you had such a bad experience :( I think I have notice ppl that do this challenge get a lil burned out by this time.. keep up it :) you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was scrolling and readin and I was like oooo I want that red...then I got to the black and it was like oooo I really want that black, too. Love this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the black and red combo, with the same typ of glitter in it! Amazin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    Read about it here: http://giveawaylifestyle.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fierce indeed! It looks amazing. Love the shimmer on shimmer combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Polish Amor: Thank you for the lovely compliment! :)

    @Kis & Miss L & Jacqui: Thank you! Glad you like it :)

    @Sarah: Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually don't like half moons (just looks weird to me) but I really like this. I think the two polishes look great together! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love the colors you used. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.