ShareThis

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 8 - Metallic Nails (Industrial Nails!)

Hello ladies! The theme for today is Metallic Nails.



I struggled back and forth on what constituted a "metallic" nail polish. All I have in my stash are foils...but alas, are foils and metallics the same thing? Is a foil a sub-category of metallic? I don't know either! So I figured this day was up for personal preference/interpretation.

Upon rummaging through mother's stash, I found some of the old Sally Hansen Chrome polishes. The silver one was the epitome of a "metallic nail polish" in my opinion, so that's what I settled on! The color is called Black Pearl Chrome and it looks lovely on me if I do say so myself! But I decided that this challenge was to improve my art skills, so naturally I had to add to it.  Upon searching images under "metallic" on ShutterStock, I found lots of pictures of various metals and industrial themes.

I decided on a sort of corrugated metal type pattern (I don't know what to call it?)




This was my inspiration:



I used plate BM-209 for the fence-like pattern, Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Lightening and a black striper for the .... striped part. That was redundant. Haha

There's my metallic nails for ya! What do you all think of these?

11 comments:

  1. i love you mani and i do love your base :) what a pretty mettallic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so freakin awesome!! Am totally loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh girl this is awesome. I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, this is so clever! Wonder job! I might have to give this a try one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a mani like this, so props to you for being so original!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my! Look at these... So perfectly awesome. Love the edgy look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies! Glad you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING nails! And yes, I'd consider these metallic :-)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.