ShareThis

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

China Glaze Snow Globe over Orly Androgynie

Hello readers.  I haven't been posting much lately since Amanda is in the midst of the 31 day challenge and I don't want to screw up her schedule.  Also I've been so busy preparing and packing for my move in 2 weeks - which is the reason for my nubbins.  Packing is hell on your nails, lemmetellya.  I hope you enjoy tonight's swatch.

I saw this combo over at Neverland Nail Blog and liked it so much I have recreated it here for you.

I started with 2 coats of Orly Androgynie (does anyone else read that andro gynie like hiney?).  Androgynie is a black creme filled with what looks to be gold microglitter and larger hex glitter in yellow, orange, green and blue and is from the new Holiday Soiree limited edition.  I did have some minor application issues with this one.  It's thin - but gloopy at the same time.  The first coat left some patchiness which the second coat cleared up; but I experienced some cuticle flooding and the finish dried rather gritty on some nails.  The color reminds me of deep space.  I was a little disappointed in this one.  It's absolutely gorgeous in the bottle, but the base color seems to swallow up a lot of the pretty glitter on the nail.  Also the glitter in my bottle seemed to sink to the bottom of the bottle and didn't want to disperse - even after shaking the bottle (which you all know, makes air bubbles in your polish!).



After Androgynie was dry, I applied 2 coats of China Glaze Snow Globe.  Snow Globe is a multi colored irridescent glitter in a clear base and is intended to be layered.  Be sure to let each coat dry thoroughly or you end up with the majority of the glitter at the tips like I did.

This combo is pretty much awesomesauce and actually reminds me a little of the halloween pumpkin multi colored glitter that I layered over black last month.   This seems to be a popular layering combo this holiday season, as I have now seen several blogs do Snow Globe over black.  Sadly, I did have some chipping on Days 3 and 4 which is unusual for Orly.  Normally all I would experience would be tip wear.  And speaking of tips, look how the SV shrunk the tips.




6 comments:

  1. Looks great on you =]! Thanks for the link to my blog, I'm so glad you liked this combo, too =]!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Snow Globe I had to get a backup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this IS a pretty combo! I will have to try this one out, since I have both of these. I HATE packing and moving, it always wrecks my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both colors are very pretty.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orly Androgynie looks very pretty on its own and the combo looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.