ShareThis

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 12: Stripes (Fruit Stripe Gum!)

Where are my 90's kids any kid that remembers this? This one's for you!

Fruit Stripe Gum! Do you guys remember it? The flavor in it lasted all of about three minutes, but it was still so exciting. What can beat fruit colored gum that comes with TATTOOS?! I think nothing. I loved this stuff as a kid and thought it would be fun to do my stripe mani to look like the sticks of gum.


The base colors I used are (from L to R): China Glaze Entourage, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, China Glaze Solar Power, and Revlon Sheer Rose. I used acrylic paint for the stripes (polish was too hard to use).


It's funny -- the stripes didn't turn out very neat but I almost think that makes it look more realistic! They just look so yummy :)


Ahh...the good old days. I still listen to my 90's music and I'm not ashamed :)

16 comments:

  1. Very creative! I used to love that gum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great work, with beautyful summer Colors. Yummi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! This mani looks very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this was earlier than the 90s- I am an 80s kid and used to love that gum! And yes the flavor lasted like three minutes! Wish they still made it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was one of my favorite treats when I was a kid. Love the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yipes! Stripes! Fruit Striped Gum! Dude, that gum was the shiz. I love the 90's....

    Great manicure... It makes me wish your nails were scented! I'd be trying to smell my fruity nails, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys!

    @Fingers: You may be right, I was teeny tiny when I remember it out so it very well might be an 80's thing first!

    @Fashion Footing: I did not even think about that... I could've used scented polishes and it would've been 10x more awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so awesome! I remember that gum, it was my sisters favorite!! Great manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter just got a pack of that gum yesterday, it smells really good lol. This is a great mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kids, I chewed Fruit Stripe in the 60's! Gaaah, I'm old. Yes they DO still make it and I swear I could smell it reading this post. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! I think Fingers may be right too because I remember this in the eighties. And I'm telling my age! This is just LIKE Fruit Stripe gum and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to love that gum!!!!! Great mani! Makes me want that gum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, I remember this gum! Love the mani and your stripes match perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! I loved this gum when I was little!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.