ShareThis

Monday, November 7, 2011

Color Club Sugar Plum Yum

When I saw this polish at Sally's, I knew I had to have it.  It's one of my all time favorite color combinations - purple and green.  This is from their Scent-suous holiday collection and - as the name implies - they are scented polishes.

Sugar Plum Yum is a small green glitter with medium sized purple hex glitter.  It's very thick and clumpy and can be a little difficult to apply.  Instead of stroking it on your nails you have to kind of spread it out over the nail bed to get even coverage of the glitter and it works best if you layer it over a solid color.   The color I chose in these swatches is China Glaze Midnight Kiss - a gold foil from last year's holiday collection.  I did not apply a top coat because I did not want to mask or obscure the fragrance.








The fragrance reminds me a lot of Sweet Tarts and lasts for a couple days if you do not apply a top coat.  I actually quite enjoyed the scent and look of this one - it's very festive!  I'm just not looking forward to chiseling this off my nails! :)

Have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. This polish is SOOOO unique! I really dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple, gold, and green combo is very Mardi Gras. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a top coat on my Sugar Plum Yum mani and still got the scent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I actually peeled this off my nails. I know it is a no-no, but it made taking it off so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that nail polish looks very cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.