ShareThis

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 20: Water Marble (the most epic fail in Mad Manis history)

I'm warning you. Turn....back.....before it's too late!!! GO!! Save yourself!!

Ok, a bit melodramatic. But seriously. This might possibly be the worst manicure that's been on the blog....ever. This one is definitely being filed under the "fail" tags! :P

Watermarbling is not my thing (obviously). I just can't do it -- I've tried before and it was just as dismal as this one is. Maybe a little worse ;)

I especially love the bubble on my ring finger...

I did everything I read that I was supposed to do. Room temperature water - check. Base coat of white on my nails - check. Opaque polishes that spread easily - check. And it still looks like a hot mess!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

I'm embarrassed to even post this on here, and I almost just skipped out on this day completely because I was so frustrated. But I said I'd do all the prompts, and I am. This one just doesn't look good...at all ;) Maybe someone can relate? Haha.

Suffice it to say I will not be trying marbling again anytime soon. Probably anytime EVER AGAIN. Have you guys had any problems with water marbling? Give me some tips if you know any! :)

10 comments:

  1. I can totally relate, I'm on this day of the challenge today, and I googled just to make sure that it wasn't just me! Your nails are awesome, all your looks are fantastic - glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this for the first time yesterday and it was awful! I made 3 attempts and not one was good enough to post. Yours has mine beat hands down :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done it, but my BFF said her trick is to tape her nails...whatever that means, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried water marbling multiple times & I just can't get it right. I've done everything I was supposed to and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! I'm dreading doing this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I commented on this, but guess not :) .

    Don't worry, mine turned out even worse.

    + I used a weird colour combination.
    (Your combination is LOVE.)

    I couldn't wait to take it off, and I felt bad for thinking like that because it took a lot of time and effort (and the people around me commented that the process itself looked scary).

    I might try it next time with distilled water.
    There were definitely mini bubbles from the tap in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing to watch out for is the circle of floating nail polish doubling back on itself! When you stick your nail in, make sure to get all the excess floating polish out with a toothpick (or something similar) before you pull your finger out. Even then, pull your finger out slowly and try to move your whole hand forward (away from excess polish) as you take it out. I was sooo bad at water marbling until I realized that the doubling-over was my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing I've figured out do not use any polish that drys fast . And what Kristen said but I use a Qtip to get all the excess polish out of the water before I pull my nail out .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do NOT use distilled water!!! LOL I tried it and it does not spread at all because of the water purification method-- you end up sticking your finger into a big blob of nail polish and you pull your finger out and it's all piled on top of your nail (funny but not effective). Try bottled water if the bubbles are causing you troubles =) And make certain the water is room temperature... too warm or too cool will affect the spread of the polish.

    Also, when you are dropping the nail polish in, make sure to keep the brush fairly close to the water.

    I hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do NOT use distilled water!!! LOL I tried it and it does not spread at all because of the water purification method-- you end up sticking your finger into a big blob of nail polish and you pull your finger out and it's all piled on top of your nail (funny but not effective). Try bottled water if the bubbles are causing you troubles =) And make certain the water is room temperature... too warm or too cool will affect the spread of the polish.

    Also, when you are dropping the nail polish in, make sure to keep the brush fairly close to the water.

    I hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually thought you did good. I really like the color combination that you have here! What brands/colors did you use? :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.