ShareThis

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 29: Inspired by the supernatural (Adorable aliens!)

Day 29! AHHH!!! Only two days left! What ever will my manis be? Guess you'll have to stay tuned ;)

For supernatural day, I was originally going to do angels and devils. But my dear friend Jen (hi Jen!) told me she thought aliens would be a good idea for supernatural. I agreed! Plus I didn't know how to execute angels/devils and didn't want to risk possibly offending anyone by insinuating that either of those 2 are not real so I decided to go with aliens :)



I started with two coats of Zoya Kelly. In retrospect I should've used a lighter color. I started the aliembs with a black outline but it was too hard to see over Kelly so I ended up painting over most of it. Plus I needed to make the little dudes a little plumper!



Lol I always have the goofiest drawings on my pinky. Maybe because it's the smallest so I can't fit an image the same size on it? He kind of looks like Mike Wazowski with two eyes...And I just realized the alien on my pointer finger looks like Plankton!



The aliens are made with acrylic paint and an itty bitty teeny weeny paintbrush. Boy was this tedious! I can't imagine how long it would've taken had I added shadows, but I like the cartoony effect these have :) Maybe I've redeemed myself from my weak, easy-way-out posts the last couple days? Haha



I think these little aliens are so cute, and they were pretty easy to do actually! All you need is patience :)

WE COME IN PEACE!!

25 comments:

  1. Oh, these turned out supercute! i want to make some alien nails myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute!!!!!!The pointer finger does look like Plankton lol .... Awesome supernatural mani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, they're so sweet! I love the "plankton"-alien and the one on the middle finger :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this mani looks very cute :) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! And this coming from someone that's scared shitless of aliens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your aliens are the cutest! It would be awesome if they glowed in the dark!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG they turned out really good!! :) Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Well done with these green folks! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heehee they are sooo cute!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok so I'm offended that you are insinuating that aliens aren't real!



    Lol, just kidding! These guys are adorable! <3 them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks girls!

    @Pauline: DRAT!! I didn't even think of making them glow in the dark :(

    @Leslie: I'm sure someone out there would be legitimately offended if I said aliens don't exist...hahah

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is very pretty ZOYA Nail Polish and what you did is supe cute!
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
  13. This are so adorable!!! I the the one with one eye, soooo soooo sooo cute!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. These little Aline dudes are so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! These are so freaking cute! They made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! Great idea for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i absolutely love this. how cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohmygoodness, these little guys are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.