ShareThis

Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 21: Inspired by a Color

Only 10 days left in the challenge! EEEEK!

Today's theme is "Inspired by a color." I took this to mean inspired by a polish name....so that's what I ran with!

I started with two coats of Orly Sweet Peacock for the base. (Sidenote:  This is one of those weird polishes that chipped on me after less than 12 hours but was HARD to get off. Maybe because it's a foil?)



I knew I wanted to do peacock feathers to represent this polish/color name. To draw the peacock feathers, I used a striper nail art brush and China Glaze Trendsetter and Cha Cha Cha. The middle portion is made with Wet n Wild Rustic (brown), China Glaze For Audrey (teal) and China Glaze First Mate (center dot). They turned out better than I was expecting!



I was channeling my inner Katy Perry while doing this mani!


Magical, colorful, Mr. Mystery!

2 comments:

  1. These are so freaking cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW do you get it to dry without smudging?? How long does it take??

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.