ShareThis

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10: Gradient Nails featuring Teenage Dream

I struggled for a while thinking about what to do for gradient nails. I wasn't feeling up to doing a full color gradient, so I decided to do a glitter gradient a la The Polished Perfectionist.




I started with three coats of Revlon Top Speed Candy. It's your regular old medium pink creme polish. One thing I find about these Top Speed polishes is that they seem to be pretty streaky -- I have another light colored Top Speed polish that is hard to get opaque because it is so streaky. Anyone else have that problem?



Anyway, then I sponged on OPI Teenage Dream at the base of my nails. I really like the way this looks as opposed to glitter fading down from the tips! Plus this mani is simple and that's what I need after a few busy manis in a row. ;)



Do you prefer glitter gradients from the tip down or the base up, like this one?

9 comments:

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.