ShareThis

Saturday, May 14, 2011

OPI DS Originals Coronation

Ok, I've wanted a polish in this collection for a long time but put it off because they are so expensive.  I finally decided to pick one up the other day and I chose the silver holo - Coronation. 

Like all OPI polishes it went on smooth and flawlessly and dried fast.  I needed 4 actual coats to achieve opacity..  And it's pretty - but I was disappointed in the holo-y-ness of it.  It really only showed as a holo if direct sunlight hit it, otherwise it masqueraded as a silver micro glitter.  So, I did the unthinkable.  I applied a $2 drugstore brand over the top and got the BLING! that I was looking for.   I know - a profanity, right?

Here are the pics of Coronation




And here is what it looked like when I put Studio M Magic Attraction over the top



Below pictures are intentionally blurry to show the holo effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.