ShareThis

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I are a kollege gradumatate!

Helloooo! As you know if you've been reading this blog for a bit, I've been in school studying advertising/marketing. Well, yesterday was my graduation! I finally did it :) So I wanted to celebrate with something appropriate for my school, but not too in your face either since as mama put it, "You want to be demure." Ok... I might be a college graduate, but that word is still too big.

Started off with two coats of Orly's Pure Porcelain, which applied like a dream given the color! I usually have so many problems with whites but this one was actually really easy to work with.



Our school colors are "cardinal" and white, so I decided to do a red french tip over the Orly with Wet 'n' Wild's Burgundy Frost, which is BEAUTIFUL by the way. I wore it a ton over the Christmas holidays. I'll have to swatch it in all its glory for you guys sometime. Covered the Wet 'n' Wild with a coat of Sally Hansen's Downtown Rubies and finished the mani with a gold striper polish.



All in all, not too bad. Funny story though... I THOUGHT my mani was completely dry because I waited about two hours before I started to get ready for the night. So I was doing my hair and using bobby pins and the bobby pins completely destroyed my thumb nail mani from opening them and pinning them in. So by that point I had no time to redo everything...so I went to graduation with 9 manicured fingers and a naked thumb. I know, I know. I should be ashamed :(

Here's little old me, all graduated and grown up with mama! Can you feel the love?

Also, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MAMA!! And hope all you mommies out there have a lovely day :)

-Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Your nails looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty mani. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your graduation!! Love the way the sparkly red and gold sit on the white:-)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.