ShareThis

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Essie Knockout Pout with an unknown stamp?

Hello world! Feels like I haven't updated in forever... I was in South Carolina for the past three days at my cousin's wedding, but it looks like Mama has held down the fort in my absence!

It's a blistering 90 degrees in Indy today, and the pool in our complex is closed due to a drain recall...which is a bummer but at the same time perhaps good because I got ROASTED in South Carolina! But with these temperatures and no pool, what else is there to do but do my nails?

I started with three coats of Essie's Knockout Pout which is your typical, run of the mill neon pink. It is pretty though, I just wish neons weren't so difficult to work with. I didn't worry about it being a little streaky because I knew I was going to stamp over it, so please excuse that in these pictures. I also didn't use top coat over the pink.


I then stamped over Knockout Pout with Sally Hansen's Insta Dry in Cinna-snap using plate m78, which is the.....line? Branch? plate? I don't even know what the image is. Haha


It looks nice except that I smeared it because I never learn and I tried to apply top coat too soon after :( So I really like how this looks minus that, but that means I might be redoing my nails later tonight....gotta catch up from all the posting days I missed anyway ;)

Also...look at the adorable-ness that kept bugging me while I was trying to do these nails...
Lilly: "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!"

Hope everyone is staying cool!

-Amanda

9 comments:

  1. Looks great. If you hadn't have said it was smeared, I wouldn't have known. Looks almost like a water marble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing about it looking sort of water marble-ish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how they came out, to me it looks like you used two colors while stamping. There are no mistakes only happy accidents!! :D (some may know that line ... can you guess?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this color, it is absolutely lovely :) like the desing too, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blog and love this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, how did you do that to your nails? I would love to recreate it with green and yellow polish for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn - I did it with Konad. I used the pink polish as a base and then stamped the pattern on the plate with the reddish, burgundy polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little kitty is adorable! =) I enjoyed the manicure as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your kitty has the exact same coloring as mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.