ShareThis

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ulta Little Black Dress and Piñata Yada Yada

Today's post is a Happy Birthday to Amanda post! :)

I started with two coats of a base coat to try to protect my nails from the staining from the black polish. I was only somewhat successful. This is Ulta's Little Black Dress. It's a black creme with teeny tiny silver and light blue (?) microglitter to give it just a little bit of shimmer. Went on effortlessly and covered well in just one coat. I was really pleasantly surprised by the quality of this polish. Dry time was average.

Over the top of that I applied Piñata Yada Yada. This is a Deborah Lippman Happy Birthday dupe and I thought it especially appropriate for today. You can see a comparison of them on The PolishAholic's blog here. I waited approximately 5-10 minutes between coats to give the glitter time to adhere before applying a 2nd and 3rd coat so they didn't move around on my fingernails.






I just love this polish. It makes me so happy to look at it. It's like a party on my fingers. It's too bad glitter is so hard to remove. To quote my daughter's boyfriend - glitter is the herpes of the craft world. You can never quite get rid of it. hehe. Anyway, hope you enjoy today's post and Happy Birthday Amanda!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.