ShareThis

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Birthday (Nails) To Me!

Sundays usually aren't my day to post, but I couldn't wait to get these up! My birthday is tomorrow, and I wanted to do something special and fun for it on my nails. So, I decided to do cupcakes and a Happy Birthday polish dupe! I know cupcakes aren't too original as they're done a lot...but gosh darnit, they're so cute (I think so at least). I started off with FingerPaints Watermelon Watercolor on all my nails except my pointer and ring fingers. I used Petites Periwinkle as the purple background on those fingers, and painted WmWc on the bottom as the base for the cupcakes. The white frosting is your basic acrylic paint and the sprinkles are made with China Glaze Solar Power, China Glaze Caribbean Blue, and Zoya Sooki. I topped the other nails with Ulta's Pinata-Yada-Yada which is pretty much an exact dupe for Lippmann's Happy Birthday (see The PolishAholic's comparison here).




I think these are so stinkin' cute. What do you think? Tomorrow I turn 22.. AHH! I'm a big girl now :(

8 comments:

  1. CUTE! I need to try the cupcakes sometime. Ps welcome to the 22 club ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Early Birthday! :D
    These are super cute! I personally love the cupcake design although I have never tried it myself. May have to try soon! lol
    Hope your birthday is a wonderful day :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cupcakes! These are adorable :) Happy early birthday to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Your sprinkles are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute! I always say you can't go wrong with cupcake nails ^_^
    This mani is so fun, I love the sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!
    mMm, those cupcakes look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the birthday wishes! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a question. do you make your nail by yourself because I can't colour my right hands nails

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.