ShareThis

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Butter London Wallis

This is my first experience with this polish brand.  Amanda tried one last week, and unfortunately had an allergic reaction.  We aren't sure whether it was a chemical or dye in the polish and if it was isolated to only that particular color or not.

This went on absolutely beautifully.  It's a tad thin but flows and covers really well - as I would expect from a higher priced brand.  I had complete coverage with 2 coats.  Dry time was excellent - by the time I had polished my 2nd hand the first was ready for the next coat.

Isn't this lovely? It's like spun gold with a slight greenish tint.  I kept thinking it reminded me of some other polish in my collection I've swatched recently and I finally figured out what it is - it is nearly identical in color to Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Bronze Ablaze.  So if you have BA I don't think you need Wallis.





10 comments:

  1. I have this polish but have yet to try it out.. I can't wait! Looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome, this one is on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info on the dupe, I've wanted this color, but it's always out when I go to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this color at the B1G1 event at ULTA. I recently swatched it and loved it! I tried it with a matte top coat which really brought out the antique quality of the polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a fan of butter London- just never works on my nails. Maybe it's a chemistry thing? The color is nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I haven't been able to nab this - I will try to look for the Sally Hansen alternative. THIS to me is the perfect color for this season, rather than Peridot, to be honest! I like it so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color is awesome. It reminds me of some of the colors in the kilt worn for Braveheart... Maybe thats just me connecting the name Wallis to William Wallace=Braveheart=Kilt of this kind of color, lol! Ah, how the crazy mind can work! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I just came across your blog and I just wanted to tell you that you have gorgeous nails! I love this color on you, can you believe it's still in my untrieds? I have to try this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This color is so pretty, but I can't imagine spending $14 on it when I could probably find a dupe for it. I'm a cheapy :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.