ShareThis

Monday, October 3, 2011

Color Club Backstage Pass collection swatches

Here it is folks!  The long awaited and highly sought after Backstage Pass collection!  I picked up 4 polishes from the collection (we passed on the silver and gold) and they were purchased from Victoria Nail Supply and 8ty8 beauty.

Enlarge for sparkly goodness!

First up we have Fame and Fortune.  FaF is a dark pink base with silver holographic flakies of various sizes.  I swatched it over the top of Sally Hansen CSM in Feelin' Saucy. The polish is very thick, so flakie placement can be an issue - but they are awesome so I don't care!  This polish is similar to OPI I Lily Love you but FaF doesn't have the holographic glitter in it and the base is a little darker.  Here is 2 coats of Fame and Fortune.





Next is Backstage Pass.  This one boasts a clear base with small silver glitter and humongous silver and magenta hex glitters.  The glitter particles are so large they almost give the appearance of curling up on the edges, but I believe that is just an optical illusion.  Again, the polish is somewhat thick and you will have to be careful with placement of the glitter.  Let the first coat dry thoroughly before applying the second.  I have used a base coat of Zoya Anja and applied 2 coats of Backstage Pass over the top.  BP is not really dense enough to wear on its own without multiple coats.




On deck we have It's a Hit!  It's a Hit! is a clear base with ginormous lavender/pink hex glitters.  Very similar to Backstage Pass, but a single color glitter. Again, its not really opaque enough to wear on its own without multiple coats.  I have layered 2 coats over the top of Sinful Verbena.  Just look at that glittery goodness!






And last but not least we have Wish Upon A Rockstar.  As with the previous 2, it is a clear base with small green, gold, blue, silver and red glitter and large pink hex glitter.  It looks to be similar to DL Happy Birthday, Milani Gems and Ulta Pinata Yada Yada.  Upon close examination, I see that the density of Gems and WUAR is similar, but while Gems has large multicolored hex glitter, WUAR has a higher density of small multicolored glitter.  PYY is much more loosely packed than both WUAR and Gems.  No dupes here.  WUAR is layered over Orly Halley's Comet for an amazing glitter bomb mani.




One thing worth noting about these polishes (especially It's A Hit! and Backstage Pass) is that they're VERY thick and bumpy. If you have a problem with really bumpy glitters, I'm not sure how you'll feel about these because it feels like I just stacked tons of rhinestones on top of my nails. You'd need several coats of Seche Vite to get these smooth as glass... so take that with a grain of salt. You might be able to get away with some Gelous and Seche Vite together. Also, these leave MASSIVE GLITTER HERPES upon removal!!! Ahhh.

Overall we both really like this collection! I definitely recommend layering them though, because they're definitely not opaque enough to wear alone. Plus I don't think they'd look very good alone. I can't pick a favorite!

What do you all think? Will you be picking any of these up?

14 comments:

  1. All are super pretty. Thanks for the swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love wish upon a rockstar .. looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to have Backstage Pass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - my - gosh! These are flawless! Love every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK-so not a fan of glitter-but funny story-I ordered Artsy Crafty a pretty green creme from this cheap online site and got Fame and Fortune-a pink glitter-not even close in name or color! I complained big time and they are making me send it back BEFORE they send me the right polish-to me, thats wrong and I will never order from them again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Fingers: Oh no! That does suck. Usually they just let you keep the old one and they'll send you the new one too...maybe they didn't want you to keep it because they know the BSP polishes will be in high demand? I'm not sure :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. @fingers. I believe I would look into that. It is my understanding that if a company ships you the wrong item you are in no obligation to return the incorrect item. Particularly in consumable goods. They cannot resell that polish - why do they want it back?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wish upon a rockstar, but I haven't swatched it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx for sharing....I think my fave is Wish Upon a Rockstar...don't know if I can tolerate the others :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fame and Fortune is gorgeous, but the others just don't get to me like it does. I was disappointed in this collection :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dunno, besides Fame and Fortune, I am not really feeling these. They look way too big to lay down well on the nail. I just love flakies though, so I will have to look for Fame and Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Must.Have.Chunky glitter!! Thanks for the awesome swatches! Wish Upon A Rockstar looks so amazing over Halley's Comet!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.