ShareThis

Sunday, October 2, 2011

BCA OPI Play the Peonies and China Glaze Brokenhearted

October begins Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I am so happy to see that so many people are promoting it this month including the NFL.

We will be featuring several BCA manis this month to try to raise awareness.  This mani is a base of OPI Play the Peonies with a coat of China Glaze Broken Hearted crackle applied over it. I think I like this shade of pink shatter over the OPI version.



I'm not a *huge* fan of shatters, although I do like how some of them look.  And I happened to really like how this one turned out.  I usually try to apply the shatter or crackle in a criss cross herringbone pattern to add more interest to the way the polish shatters. 



Why dey so mad? Dey declawed too?

12 comments:

  1. Your kitty is so cute. Mine does that to my TV when I play playstation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your blog! No matter what you two are swatching, it always makes me happy to look at your pictures! The bad thing is, it makes me want every polish you show! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab mani!!! Love the look. Im going to try to applie my shatters on a diagonal as you do as it looks fab :))xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the manicure! The crackle looks awesome in that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, the shatter patterns look great! I'm gonna have to try the criss cross sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing this, I'm so sad that I passed up on this today! I was at Cosmo Prof & saw this in a set but though - I'm not a fan of crackle so I'll pass up. But wow, I LOVE THIS! Jealousy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! I have never done shatter in this direction before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooove the pattern you made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! And love the new blog design! I'm not motivated enough to change my themes out to suit the holidays, but admire people that are!

    I love the pink ChG crackle, but my bottle got air in it somehow and dried up. I'm SO mad. I never even got to use it, but I've had it for months. My ChG black crackle did the same thing, too. I had to go buy another bottle. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the ChG formula over OPI. I really like the ChG metallic collection the best. If you haven't tried them, you should!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a huge fan of shatters either, but this is such a good cause! I'm going to make a design with the pink bow on my own blog soon

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.