ShareThis

Friday, October 7, 2011

Revlon Smoky Canvas

Smoky Canvas is part of Revlon's Expressionist LE line and is a putty grey creme.  I had a rather unusual problem with application on this one.

The first coat went on a little bit streaky but was manageable.  The second was extremely streaky and the more I tried to even it out the worse it got.  I'm not sure if I didn't let the first coat dry completely enough or it was a formula issue.  I think I ended up using 3 coats of this one to get it opaque and even.  Be sure to allow extra drying time in between coats.

The color is a nice neutral, work-appropriate grey.  It just didn't look good on my skin tone.  Maybe it leans a little too yellow for me.  The top coat disguised a lot of my application issues and made this a wearable mani for me.  Maybe some stamping would help me like it more.




5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, if the application was kind of bad, I think I'll stay away from this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :sigh: I'm so over greiges.. mainly because they look absolutely AWFUL with my skin tone. :\

    That sucks about the formula. Maybe use it for stamping? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww but it is a pretty shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, trust me you work this polish!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.