ShareThis

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cherry Blossoms

Oh Revlon Minted.... you are so pretty but why do you have to be such a PITA to apply? You are too streaky and chalky and I have to use a bazillion thick coats to even things out and then due to the bazillion thick coats I get bubbles and it takes forever to dry and because it takes forever to dry I bump it and get smudges!! Asdflkjasldkf anger. I don't even remember the last time I got bubbles from a polish! I've gotten pretty good at avoiding it.

ANYWAY... here's three *thick* coats of Revlon Minted. And it's still not completely smooth and opaque... stupid chalkiness.



And this next part, goes 100% to Miss Kayla Shevonne. If you haven't checked out her blog, DO SO! I really love her blog a lot. Like I said, I used her cherry blossom mani idea because I thought it was SO cute! So all credit goes to her for this design :)



I LOVE this. And it was so simple and easy to do. Literally just a striping brush for the stems/branches and a dotting tool for the petals/middles of the flowers and acrylic paint.

Fun Fact: I have a cherry blossom tattoo! Betcha didn't know that :)

Hope you all have a lovely day,
-Amanda

7 comments:

  1. I just bought this and thank god I love the color. It's a shame it's so hard to apply, but I have found that pastels like it tend to be difficult especially yellows. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version of this design turned out really cute as well! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It'd be so awesome if you started to do tutorials. I think a lot of people would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Briana, I think lots of people would LOVE to see tutorials by you, dear. Why don't you give it a thought?? You would make many of us HAPPY :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ale & Briana - I've toyed with the idea a little bit... would you guys be interested in picture or video tutorials?

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.