ShareThis

Monday, April 16, 2012

Color Club Blue-ming

Good Morning everyone, I have so much to tell you today.  Of course our top news can be seen over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We just hit 1000 followers and wanted to let you all know how blessed and humbled we are that you are enjoying our blog.  It is you, our readers, who have put us where we are today and for that we are thankful!

If you didn't know yet, Rite-Aid is now carrying the Color Club polish line.  This color is part of their spring Blossoming collection and I saw this on the shelf today and fell in love with it.  I don't know why they call it Blue-Ming because it is definately not blue, but a lovely pastel mint color.  The pictures you are seeing are from day 3 after I have slept twice and soaked in a luscious bubble bath (more on that later) so obviously it has some staying power.

First the good.   I'm a big Color Club fan.  I've had really good luck with all their polishes.  And did I mention I love this color?  It reminds me of China Glaze Refreshmint (which is one of my all time favorite polish colors).

Chipped my middle finger, darnit!


If you have good you have to have bad - right?  Unfortunately - the formula on this was AWFUL.  The first coat was draggy and patchy.  The second coat covered up the dragging, but as it dried it began to bubble.  Badly.  I can still see the bubbles through the third coat.  Since it's late and I don't feel like removing it, I'm going to throw a top coat on it and see if I can disguise the bubbling.



Is the color worth the application issues?   As much as I'd like to say yes - I'm going to have to say no.  Go with Refreshmint instead.  This one is definately a 'miss' for me.

Also a couple quick product reviews today -

I just picked this up at Rite-Aid as well and wanted to share my thoughts.

Its EOS brand shave cream in pomegranate raspberry scent.  The bottle says "ultra moisturizing paraben-free with natural aloe and shea butter".  The creamy consistency reminds me a lot of Lush's Turkish Delight.  It does not foam, but rather is a creamy lotion that conditions your legs while you shave.  It also comes in a plastic bottle so you don't have that annoying rust on the bottom of your shaving cream can.  LOVE!  This pic is from their website.

Are you a Lush fan?  If not you should drop into a store or check them out online.  They have all natural and organic bath and beauty products that are just fabulous and both Amanda and myself are completely in love with them.  Today I used The Comforter bubble bar which not only gave me mounds of bubbles with a sweet Black Currant fragrance, but also turned my bath water a girly pink color.  So relaxing!  Picture is from their website.  I love Lush's bubble bars and bath bombs.
Have a great day and Happy Patriot's Day!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1,000 followers! That's so exciting!

    I LOVE Color Club Blue-Ming! It was my favorite from the Blossoming Collection by far! My Rite Aid also started carrying Color Club now (and a bunch of other stuff) and I'm super excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about the formula because the color is gorgeous! Now I need to run to my local Rite-Aid to see if they have Color Club!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very pretty polish but I wouldn't buy it with a crappy formula like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait wait wait... Rite Aid sells Color Club now???!?! How did I not know this?

    Congrats on 1000 followers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that's absolutely MY color! Looks so great. Now I wonder I didn't even notice that before...

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are totally right about the formula. I just received Blue Ming and Factory Girl in the mail and was so disappointed to find that the formula was so horrible that in person the colors just about unwearable. They are also the most frustrating things to apply and that says a lot because I have some pretty crappy off brand polishes from Ross. I was so annoyed at the formula that it turned me off to Color Club completely now. It is a pity because Factory Girl and Blue Ming are two of the most gorgeous colors I have seen. Love your blog :-).

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.