ShareThis

Thursday, September 22, 2011

City Silhouette Nails featuring China Glaze - Skyscraper

Hello all! I got some of these new Metro colors last week and have been playing around with them.

Skyscraper is a beautiful blue glitter... I'm sorry I didn't get any swatches of it for you by itself!


This mani was inspired by the name of the polish.. I thought it could be cute to do a mani that looks like a city skyline. I had to do a silhouette because I don't have the necessary talent to do a full detailed city 'scape. :)

I just used regular old black acrylic paint and a little paintbrush to do the silhouette. Overall I think it turned out well, but it is a little hard to see it against the dark blue glitter background. If I do this again I'd probably do it with more of a sunset background so the black would pop more.


That's all for today, you ladies have a wonderful day! :)

13 comments:

  1. This is a really cool idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it, it looks just perfect :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It loks really cool Amanda. Love it and love the fact you used skycraper as a base polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, and very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sunset could be pretty for this design... but I actually like it just like this. Skyscraper makes it look like a night sky with specks of stars all over. I like it just like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this looks great! So creative!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.