ShareThis

Monday, August 6, 2012

Harlequin Hardware manicure

You may or may not have seen this mani floating around the internet a lot lately - its a mani first introduced by CND at the Diego Binetti show during NYFW.  Ivana did a lovely version of it HERE

So here's my version of it using 2 coats of Sally Hansen Shell We Dance as the base then lightly sponging on Orly Oh Cabana Boy around the cuticles.   I suggest you protect the skin around your nails with tape ala water marbling or be  prepared for extensive cleanup.  You WILL have pink fingers! ;-)

To finish off I freehanded a french tip with Essie Good as Gold.  Lemmetellya - this polish wears like IRON!  I wore this mani for 5 days and still had no tip wear on the Essie metallic.  Good stuff!




Have a lovely week!

10 comments:

  1. Very cool! I can only imagine how much pink would be around my fingers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so interesting I love the gold tips

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Ivana's version and this one is awesome too! It's such a different and fresh take on gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful job with your gradient (I *love* the pink!), and wow, that's some amazing wear from the essie metallic! Another one for the "to do" file! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty, I haven't seen this before!Really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! Thanks for posting Ivana's too! Really neat mani idea! -yeah I noticed the gold coming up off the pinky nail on the model too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I love this look/technique, I haven't seen it before!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.