ShareThis

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Galaxy Nails

Ok so before I share the manicure I did today can I just tell you about this new product I tried. I usually use the Walgreens brand Quilted Cotton Squares. The last time I was in I picked up these..


These are fabulous. I would usually use 1-2 quilted square per nail to remove my manicure.. but these babies... TWO pads removed ALL my polish. And remember guys and gals - I had FOUR coats of the Essie plus a top coat on my nails. I'm never going back to the quilted squares.

So anyway, I started out with Orly Bonder followed by 2 coats of Savvy Deja Blue. I love the application of this lacquer - the consistency is smooth and it flows well.


Then just for fun I matte-ified it with China Glaze Magic Matte. I really like the matte look with the darker nail colors.




On the right hand I applied Sinful's Hottie. It's a blue based glitter with some gold, pink and green mixed in. It reminds me of Debra Lippman's Across the Universe. On the left I have Sinful's Nail Junkie, which is a green based glitter with small gold and blue flecks. I like them both but I think I prefer the Nail Junkie over this color base. Generally speaking I don't care for Sinful polish because it chips so easily, but I do like their glitter topcoats.

Right hand - Sinful Hottie


Left hand - Sinful Nail Junkie


I like this look a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.