ShareThis

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Funky Mannequin

This color is from Essie's spring collection and called Topless and Barefoot. I loved this color in the bottle. It's a beige with just a hint of pink or peach. I started off with a base of Orly Bonder then eagerly broke out my new Essie. I seem to have trouble with every Essie product I use. I'm not sure if it's my application technique or the actual formula but this polish took FOUR coats to even out the streakiness and brush marks. I finished off with a top coat of Seche Vite. After I had it on, I realized I was looking at 'mannequin hands' as the color so closely matches my skin tone. Meh. Not feeling it. I really wanted to love this color, but alas - I think I love it more in the bottle. The 2 top photos are in artificial light and the 3rd is in natural light.




So then I decided to try to 'funky' it up by adding some french tips. I recently got a bottle of OPI You Don't Know Jacques Matte off Amazon. This if the first actual matte polish I've used (I usually use a matte top coat). I notied the polish wanted to dry around the rim of the bottle in the short amount of time I had it open and it was also a little thick and difficult to work with. Again, not sure if its the formula of the polish (it being a matte) or I just got an old bottle. Anyway, here are the pics after I frenched it. OOps little tape blooble on my ring finger. The first is artificial light and the 2nd is natural light.



I think I like it a little better now. At least it gives it a little more interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you and read every one of your comments! Leave a comment below :) We request that you do not post links to your blog in the comment section. If you want us to check out your blog, please send us an email at mad.manis@yahoo.com. Comments with links will, regretfully, be removed.